Lawyer salary

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte doubts raised by lawyer

Dillian Whyte’s lawyer and business adviser Jeffrey Benz has cast doubt on his matchup against Tyson Fury later this month by accusing their counterparts of trying to “go the extra mile” in favor of the champion.

Although Whyte has remained silent in the build-up to the biggest fight of his career, Fury was happy to join the promotion ahead of his recent social media breakup ahead of the April 23 meeting.

However, Benz has now spoken out about the conditions imposed on his client for the Wembley Stadium showdown, saying they were not told the size of the ring and made no outlandish or outrageous demands.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Benz said: “We haven’t spoken to Frank [Warren] or George [Warren] for a month.

“I had a conversation for a total of three minutes with Frank, he called me. Everything we asked for is normal, standard, commercial; it’s not extravagant or outrageous.

“[Their behaviour is] like nothing I’ve ever seen. We don’t have a single ticket for Dillian, his entourage, his mother or anyone else.

“Contrary to what [Frank] Warren said we didn’t ask for free tickets equal to the total number of ringside seats; we requested 25 front row seats. It’s normal, it’s what we give to Dillian’s opponents.

Who will win between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte? Tell us in the comments section



WBC and The Ring heavyweight titles set to be contested by Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte

“We weren’t given anything. We asked for credentials for his security team and his video team. They gave us the bare minimum.

“We spent weeks asking them to tell us the size of the ring. Imagine if Crystal Palace went to Chelsea and they didn’t know the size of the pitch?

“They were stupid games, it was like pulling tooth and nail. [They’re] trying to stack the game in favor of Fury.”



LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 01: Promoter Frank Warren speaks to the media as Tyson Fury looks on during the Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte press conference at Wembley Stadium on March 01, 2022 in London, England.
Promoter Frank Warren and Tyson Fury attended a press conference without Dillian Whyte this month

Whyte and his team had waited until the last possible moment to put pen to paper for the WBC-commissioned fight, after seeking more than the £5.6million that was on offer.

It is believed Whyte will have the chance to add a further £3.1million to his earnings if he becomes the first man to beat Fury, who has said he will retire after the event.

Warren said of the reunion during negotiations earlier in the year: “Why wouldn’t Whyte want to fight for the WBC heavyweight title?

“He’s being paid dearly for this and this is his chance to fight for a major belt against the best on the planet.”