- Senior Lawyer Lisa Bloom made a career representing women against powerful men.
- She is the daughter of Gloria Allred, another famous lawyer who fought for women’s rights for decades, including representing Nicole Simpson in the OJ Simpson trial, and Norma McCorvey in the right to abortion, Roe v. Wade.
- Like Allred, Bloom uses media to get results. She successfully sued the Bill Cosby estate, helped force Bill O’Reilly out of Fox News, and won lawsuits for celebrities like Mischa Barton.
- But public perception of Bloom disintegrated in 2017 when the media mogul Harvey Weinstein was accused by several women of sexual assault. Bloom was one of his legal advisers.
- She faced backlash for choosing to work for a powerful man against women.
- In 2019, the question resurfaced when New York Times reporters published a book titled “She says: Breaking the story of sexual harassment that helped spark a movement.” Included is a memo from Bloom proposing a smear campaign against Rose McGowan, one of his accusers.
- Here’s everything you need to know about his controversial career.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Lisa Bloom has made a career out of portraying the underdog. She organizes well-planned press conferences, so women can tell their stories of being wronged by powerful men. She leverages the media to get results when the courtroom just isn’t enough.
She is the daughter of renowned women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred. According to Politics“The names Allred and Bloom are synonymous with aggressive legal strategy on behalf of aggrieved women and relentless public relations campaigns against wealthy and influential men.”
But in 2017, the world found out she was working for alleged sex offender Harvey Weinstein. Bloom went from being called a “women’s advocate” on the cover of a magazine to her mother releasing a statement saying she would work with all of Weinstein’s accusers, even if it meant confronting Bloom in front of the court. court.
Prior to the backlash, Bloom had represented women who accused actor Bill Cosby and Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly of sexual harassment and abuse. She tried to represent a woman who wanted to file a lawsuit against President Donald Trump, but it never came to fruition. After the backlash, she’s still working, including for sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s accusers.
Here is his career to date.