Salary: £38,691 – £50,500 per year
workplace: West Malling, Kent – There will be flexibility to work between office and home depending on business needs
Hours: 36 per week
Type of Contract: Permanent
Are you a motivated and passionate qualified solicitor looking for a new challenge working for the UK’s largest housing association?
We are currently recruiting for a Real estate lawyer to join our team in Kent on a permanent basis and we are looking for exceptional people to apply.
In short, you will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice and representation on ownership and other legal matters to all internal clients to protect Clarion’s interests.
Some of the other key tasks will include:
- You will provide legal advice and assistance in property matters, including taking freehold and leasehold, residential and commercial, conveyancing transactions and drafting transfers, leases, development agreements, management agreements, deeds, reports on titles, certificates and other property-related documents and advice on regulatory matters.
- You will help develop the internal legal provision to meet the needs of Clarion and its group partners, ensuring that legal work is carried out internally where it is most cost effective and that communication between training and the legal services team is effective.
- You will keep abreast of the constitutional, legal and regulatory framework within which housing associations operate and ensure that this knowledge is disseminated to encourage an informed and compliance-driven culture.
- Work collaboratively and support other members of the Real Estate Legal Services team.
- Participate in the training of Group colleagues on property law and other issues in order to develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we will require you to have significant experience as a qualified solicitor or licensed transfer agent with experience in effecting residential and commercial transfers and providing real estate legal advice.
If you feel your attributes, experience and skills match our requirements, we would love to hear from you.
What you can expect from us
At Clarion, we’re committed to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer ;-
- Competitive salaries that are regularly compared to current market rates
- Initial annual leave of 25 days (plus one public holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years of service.
- A flexible benefits plan tailored to your needs, including health care options, dental insurance, a restaurant card and a bike to get you to work, as well as 1% of your salary to spend on approved benefit you want!
- Pension contributions match up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life insurance
- Flexible and agile work for the majority of our employees.
- Company bonus program
- Eye care vouchers
- Leave trading system allowing you to buy and sell leaves
- Free legal consultation and advice program for you and your family
- Interest-free loans for subscriptions and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time work and job sharing, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave and compassionate care leave.
Deadline: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
For more details on this job posting and to download the role Real Estate Lawyer Profile, please visit our website at https://careers.clarionhg.com/ or click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position; Clarion is unable to offer visa sponsorship.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Clarion to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves, and knows they can reach their full potential. We welcome and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support our colleagues through a number of employee networks.
We are committed to building a strong and diverse workforce and making Clarion an inclusive workplace.